Zonal Workshop of International Robotics Challenge Concludes at IIST (View All News)
IIT Bombay will be celebrating 'Techfest' in January 2013. One of the major attraction of this fest will be the International Robotics Challenge, a universal and common platform for all the Indians as well as International participants to compete and excel. Elimination rounds are being held in 8 countries including Egypt.
Indore Institute of Science & Technology was selected as the Zonal Centre of International Robotics Challenge. The two days event was inaugurated on 21st Sep, 2012 by Dr. Anil Rawat, Head, Computer Division of Raja Raman Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore in the presence of Dr. Shilpa Tripathi, Principal, IIST II and Prof V C Gupta, Dean, Academics, Head of the department and faculty.
The workshop was conducted by a team of five engineers led by Mr. Sudhir Yadav, Senior Research Engineer of Robosapiens Technology, the technology partner of IIT Bombay. The workshop was conducted as described below:
- 21st Sep, Module 1: Theory of technologies pertaining to robotics.
- 21st Sep, Module 2: Assembling of robot kit and programming in Embedded C
- 22nd Sep, Module 3: Testing of bots
- 22nd Sep, Module 4: Wired Robot competition, wireless robot competition, short listing of top 10 teams and the final competition to declare top three teams.
The competition is based on a Line Follower Track and top teams have been decided based on program quality and response time to complete the track. In the final competition at IIT Bombay, Maze Solver Track, which is an advanced version of Line Follower Track, will be used. An introduction to the Maze Solver has also been given in this workshop.
450 students including 150 from other states like Rajasthan, Orissa, West Bengal, and Andhra Pradesh have participated in this event. The event evoked huge response from the participants.
Winners of top three teams have been awarded â€˜Certificate of Excellenceâ€™ by IIT Bombay and Robosapiens besides getting direct entry into the finals. Winning teams are:
- First: Amit Malu (Group Leader), Vaibhav Porwal, Deep Sharma, Priyanka Kherdekar and Chandradeep Yadav. All of them are from the Mechanical Branch, IIST(II).
- Second: Dheeraj Gangwani (Group Leader), Harsh Jain (Mech, IIST), Shashwat Bhargav (CE, IIST II), Aditya Majmudar (Mech, IIST) and Milan Patel (Mech, IIST)
- Third: Harshil Dhariwal (CS, IIST II), Shrishti Kothiya (EC, IIST), Ankit Motwani (ME, IIST II), Arnav Joshi (CS, IIST II) and Aarti Tripathi (EC, IIST II)
All other participants got the 'Certificate of Participation'.
The workshop was coordinated by Prof Mayank Rege, Prof Sampada Rege and Mr. Rishi Neema and duly assisted by student coordinators - Shrishti Kothiya, Ashutosh Mishra, Sagar Thakur and Rohan Shukla. Meticulous conduct of the event by the coordinating team has been appreciated and recognized by IIT Bombay and Robosapiens by awarding everyone certificates.