Induction Program at Shail School of Engineering Indore (View All News)
Students joining engineering program come from diverse background. They are mostly unaware of new and unfamiliar environment. Each individual has his own experiences of learning and assumptions about professional courses. In many cases these young entrants are not very clear of the requirements of engineering students.
An induction program clarifies the role and responsibilities of teachers and students which outlines the challenges that students might face and provide an outline to develop effective learning strategies. These induction programs actually go a long way in helping the students enhance their participation in learning the environment effectively.
It was this spirit that guided School of Engineering of Indore, Indore Institute of Science & Technology and Indore Institute of Science & Technology (II) organize induction program for freshers from 1st to 10th of Aug 2013.
The program broadly included the following points.
- Introducing the students to faculty
- Information on respective roles of students and faculty
- Visit to the campus, departments, laboratories, library, computer centers
- Revision basics of mathematics and physics
- Introduction to Personality Development
- Placement scenario and how to crack it
- Guest lectures by eminent personality like Dr. P. K. Srivastava of SGSITS, Dr. Partha Chattaraj of NATRIP, Mr. Nirmal Matharu of Mahindra 2 Wheeler and Mr. Sudarshan Varma of Idea who lucidly explained the prospects in various engineering disciplines.
Director, Dr. M. S Murthy, and Deputy Director Dr. Shilpa Tripathy, inspired the newcomers throughout the program. At the end of intense induction program that lasted for 10 days, feedback from the students clearly indicated the clarity in their mind about their new role and responsibilities, positive attitudes and commitment to excel.